The 2012 Progressive International Motorcycle Show (IMS) will be held February 3-5 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Tickets are already on sale!
I really enjoy going to this show because it's like a little taste of summer in the dead of winter. You can see all the latest models from the major manufacturers and there are usually a handful of custom and vintage bikes around too. You can also sit on whatever bike you like (not the customs of course) and get a feel for the bike in a very low-presure environment, unlike a salesroom. I remember seeing the Harley Nightster, Forty-Eight, and Blackline models at the IMS before I saw them anywhere else. It was also the first place I saw and tried on a Fulmer helmet, which I later bought. After seeing the Ducati Diavel at this year's show, I'm still thinking about that bike and still want one. I just won't give up my Sportster or Road King and have no room (or money) for a third bike.
Here's a video from their website to give you a sense of the size of the show:
Here's a link since the embedded video is cut off a bit: CLICK HERE
Here are links to my blog posts from his past year's show:
- 2/20/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 1
- 2/21/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 2
- 2/22/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 3
- 2/23/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 4
- 2/24/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 5
- 2/25/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Part 6
- 2/26/11: 2011 International Motorcycle Show - Color
See you at the show!