My blog posts have been part of Chop Cult's Blog Dump for a while now but I was very pleasantly surprised when Lisa Ballard reached out to me regarding a feature. She asked me a few questions and then asked me to send her photos that I felt represented the blog and make me the happiest. I sent her a bunch from the past few years including:
- Lots of pictures of my Sportster including when I first bought it in 2006 (almost 100% stock but with 8,000 miles on it), when I first cut the rear struts on it (no turning back from that point), and when I painted the tank and fender.
- Some pictures of my Road King including my moto-fishing trip to the Black Hills last year that I still haven't posted photos from.
- Photos of me riding somewhere along the border of MN & WI.
- My trip to Dice/CoC party at the Kung Fu Tap & Taco (my first, but not last, time camping behind a bar)
- Trips riding alongside my father to Sturgis and the Gunflint Trail
- Riding the Tail of the Dragon on a rental
- Camping in Joshua Tree and attempting (often failing) to dodge rain storms & tumbleweeds in Arizona (also on a rental - I returned that bike absolutely filthy)
- The credits from American Pickers when I had a photo used on TV.
- Photos with Willie G. Davidson, Josh Kurpius, Kevin Baas, and Sugar Bear.
- Local shows and events including Full Tilt, Bearded Lady Motorcycle Freakshow, Donnie Smith, First Thursday / Moto Mania, Hog Feed, Build Art Bike Show, I-Cycle Derby, AMA Hillclimb, the MN ride for Larry Pierce, Flood Run, Scooter Trash, and Mama Tried.
- There's even a picture of a rocket-powered Sportster! What more could you ask for?
Lisa wrote up a very nice intro and then the Q&A and photos followed.
To see the whole article including the photos I picked, check it out here: