The fender has been taking me so long, you can see all the surface rust that has formed.
I trimmed the end of the fender to make it even with the bottom of the swingarm.
Then I used my hand drill and nylon brush attachment to remove all the surface rust.
I used Duplicolor Self-Etching Primer followed by their Filling Primer.
After a few rounds of priming, sanding, priming, sanding, etc., I sprayed a Metal Specks silver basecoat.
That was followed with Metal Specks Red.
The pinstriping and lace is next followed by black and clear. This is the same process and materials I used for the tank and previous fender. When it's all done, assuming it all goes well, the rear fender should match the tank perfectly.