The next big task is the hollow struts that will support my taillights and hide the wiring. I made the main structural part of the struts a few weeks ago. On Monday, I decided to cut the sides out of 16GA steel. I traced the outline of each strut onto the steel, carefully marking which was which.
Out came the cutting wheel and sparks flew.
Here are the four sides all rough-cut.
I used my bench grinder to get one piece to the point that I could test-fit it.
Now I just need to clean up the other three and figure out how to properly measure where exactly to drill the 1/2" holes since the struts will be secured via the upper shock bolts. Then I have to decide whether to attempt to weld them myself or take them to a professional.