Sadly, my winter projects for the Sportster are still far from complete.
Continuing my trend of making unplanned, non-essential changes to my Sportster when more serious tasks are required to get it running for Spring... I decided to change my shift linkage when I ran across an interesting one on eBay.
Here is a shot of the stock shift linkage. I've always found it boring but never liked the MoCo's options and very few people make custom linkages for Sportsters.
Luckily, I found this one eBay and it was a really good deal so I couldn't pass it up. You can see it here side-by-side with the stock linkage.
I polished up the stock heim joints with my Dremel and reinstalled it. I really like the way it turned out.